Reach Children’s Hub is launching a new employment and skills programme for local people. We will fully fund (up to £2000) a short to medium-term training opportunity of your choice. At the same time, we will put you on a career coaching programme with other participants so that you can actively pursue the future that you want. We are looking for people who have a spark and actively want to achieve their career goals by gaining further training, personal development opportunities and skills.
What do we believe?
- Local people in Feltham deserve to have access to good work, opportunities and ways to actively shape their futures
- Learning is not linear. People should have the right to continue to develop their interests, skills and qualifications regardless of their age, backgrounds and employment situation
- People need support and encouragement from people around them to be successful
What training programme?
We know that many people are stuck in negative employment situations e.g. unemployment or irregular employment. One of the ways out is to pursue further training either in the career you already in or something entirely different. We will fully fund training opportunities if they match the following criteria:
- The training programme can be run by an official organisation and it needs to be accredited
- It needs to be short-term or medium-term (e.g. between 2-8 months)
- The training can be online or in-person
- It needs to be directly relevant to what you want to do in the future
What is career coaching?
Making career moves by yourself is a difficult change. Reach will run a career coaching programme where you will have a chance to develop a range of skills. You will have regular group training opportunities and one-to-one coaching. We will work together with local business owners, professionals and creatives to expand your professional networks and to make connections in the industry.
Who can apply?
- If you live in TW13 or TW14 postcode
- If you are not able to fund the training opportunity yourself, e.g. your income has decreased due to Covid-19 etc, you’re a single parent, you’re unemployed
- If you can commit to completing the career coaching programme for 4 months
Zoom Introduction and Q&A
We will run a short introduction about the Training Circle programme in detail. You will have an opportunity to ask any questions about the programme or the application process. You only need to attend one of the events below:
- Monday 7th of December 1-2pm
- Wednesday 9th of December 6-7pm
Register here: https://forms.gle/U3aSFveBU25f6oYi7
Complete this short application form: https://forms.gle/VYBwfHJ3P1VSv9FQ9 . Closing Friday 11th of December.
If successful, you will be invited to attend a short 45 minute interview in the week beginning the 14th.
Start Date: January 2021
If you have any questions, please contact Egle: firstname.lastname@example.org